Wednesday 27 June 2012

Surprise Catch: Neil Humphreys (Return To A Sexy Island)

return to a sexy island, neil humphreys
I was utterly thrilled for what had happen today! 

First time in my life that I have bought a signed book directly from the author. The best part is able to take a few shots with the friendly author. The author that I am talking about is Neil Humphreys and the book that I've bought is "Return To A Sexy Island".

For those who are from Singapore will probably heard or seen this British author. He has written a few highly acclaimed and best seller books about Singapore and soccer, "Notes From An Even Smaller Island", "Scribble From The Same Island" and "Match Fixer", just to name a few. I have been a fan of his work for quite sometime. His wittiness, direct and insightful account of Singapore and Soccer scene just made me lol countless times. 

"Return To A Sexy Island" is his latest book about the new Singapore from his perspective after 5 years absence from this lovely island (he moved to Australia five years ago). With his return, I am sure it will add a tinge of colorfulness here and there in the local publishing scene.

For those who are interested to read more about him and his books, check out his official site at Neil Humphreys.

Oh ya, the photos! did I mention that I've gotten a few photo-shot with him? Here are for the sharing:
return to a sexy island, neil humphreys
The tall author (Neil Humphreys) and me (1)
return to a sexy island, neil humphreys
The tall author (Neil Humphreys) and me (2)
return to a sexy island, neil humphreys
The tall author (Neil Humphreys) and me (3)
return to a sexy island, neil humphreys
The book (Return To A Sexy Island) and the signed poster
return to a sexy island, neil humphreys
The signed book (He knows I am a Man Utd fan)
Cheers! 

1 comment:

  1. This guy stays in Singapore for such a long time,and yet he knows nothing about the real Singapore,what a joke!

    ReplyDelete