Tuesday 23 August 2011

Your Best Is Not My Best!

Sometime back, my then lady colleague approached me with a gloomy face and told me that she is very disappointed with her boss. I asked her why, she said she had put in 101% of her commitment and effort to work but what her boss' response to her that day disappointed her to the max.
 
I probed further and she opened up to me that her boss told her in this exact words during their conversation that day "Your best is not my best!". She was very affected by that comment as she viewed that her effort and contribution was not being appreciated. Trying to cheer her up, I asked her to ask herself whose best is more important i.e. her best or her boss' best? Besides, her boss' best would not be her boss's boss' best! So, does it really matter after all?

In life, we can't satisfy everybody, be it your boss, your partner, your children, your parent or just friend. There bounds to be rooms for improvement. In fact, I find that this is a good thing as it remind ourselves that there is always a better way to do something or there is always a better person (other than you) out there!

Ultimately, what is more important is to be a better self  day by day and continuously to better yourself along the way. Once you have the mindset that you are the best, you can hardly better the best! 

My sharing of original quote today:

"Success is to ACT first and affirmation follows; Mediocre is to follow affirmation before ACT; Failure is NO ACTION after affirmation!"

Cheers!

P/S: The Singapore President Election is on this Saturday (27th Aug 2011), may the BEST candidate WIN! ;-P

No comments:

Post a Comment