Sunday 17 February 2013

Jason Chee, You Can Make It!

jason chee, naval serviceman
Source: The Sunday Times
It has been almost 2 months since the horrific naval accident last December that costs Jason (30-year-old serviceman) both his legs, his left arm and three fingers on his right arm. Today, he re-appeared in the Prime News of local newspaper, The Sunday Times, as a stronger and high-spirited man.

When the news broke out last year while he was still in critical condition and need more blood supply for the transfusion, hundreds of Singaporeans flocked to the blood banks and hundreds of thousands of donation has been collected since then. This is only the small gesture of support that fellow Singaporean can give him and it is definitely of no match to the pain and lost that he is experiencing. 

One good news is that Ministry Of Defence has since committed (in Jan 2013) to cover the full medical and rehabilitation expenses incurred by Jason. At least he has one less thing (money) to worry about and focus on his recovery to rebuilt his life.  

Today, he has shown good progress in his recovery and soon will be transferred to another hospital (Tan Tock Seng Hospital) for rehabilitation. What deeply touches me deeply is his Never-Say-Die spirit and his positiveness towards this incident. Following are some extracts of his conversation with the reporter:
Jason Chee on his current situation: "I'm happy. Because the worst pain is over!"
Jason Chee on the support: "The first thing that came to mind was, wow, the whole Singapore is supporting me. I was so touched. I cried, I really cried."  
Jason Chee on moving forward: "I cans till move my right arm. I still have these fingers on my hand...My goal this year? I want to stand up and walk"

This bring me to share one of the most inspiring book that I've read sometime back. It's called Unstoppable - The Incredible Power Of Faith In Action by Nick Vujicic. For more details of the book, click on the image below:
So, have faith Jason, you can make it and hope to see you stand up taller than before soon.

Lastly, just like to remind all (myself included) to treasure whatever we have now as whatever we have might be taken away from us (voluntarily or involuntarily) without any warning/notice.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment